sustantivo (plural similarities)
- 1The state or fact of being similar: the similarity of symptoms makes them hard to diagnoseMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In fact, the similarity is so compelling that D'Arcy has no business attempting a denial.
- In fact theirs is very much a superficial similarity, based on prodigious talent and youth more than anything else.
- The facts of that case bore a striking similarity to those of the present one.
- 1.1 (usually similarities) A similar feature or aspect: the similarities between people of different nationalitiesMás ejemplos en oraciones
resemblance, likeness, sameness, similar nature, similitude, comparability, correspondence, comparison, analogy, parallel, parallelism, equivalence; interchangeability, closeness, nearness, affinity, homogeneity, agreement, indistinguishability, uniformity; community, kinship, relatedness• archaic semblance
- Such research is valid and useful because of the genetic and physiological similarities between humans and apes.
- On her third visit to India now, Nilofer is struck by the similarities between Lahore and Delhi.
- The author spoke briefly about the similarities between Tamil and Japanese languages.