Definición de similitude en inglés:
1The quality or state of being similar to something: Conrad uses a range of constructions which express or imply similitude [count noun]: there is a striking similitude between the brother and sister
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- From a sociological point of view, it is therefore an expression of similitude of being, but also agency (the means to act) within a social technology.
- See Foucault on resemblance and similitude.
- Richard Eyre summed it up well recently: cinema and television are mediums of similitude, and radio and the stage mediums of metaphor.
resemblance, similarity, likeness, sameness, similar nature, comparability, correspondence, comparison, analogy, parallel, parallelism, equivalence;
interchangeability, closeness, nearness, affinity, homogeneity, agreement, indistinguishability, uniformity;
1.1 [count noun] archaic A comparison between two things.
- He further suggests that there are two types of parables: narrative parables (comparisons with narration) and similitudes (comparisons with ‘is like’ or ‘is as if’).
- As a step towards addressing these questions I would like to draw attention to another set of similitudes operative in ‘Loves Progress’: the monetary tropes linking value to love or desire.
- Though full of similitudes and routine panegyrics, the book is valuable for its lack of originality and reflection of current views.
1.2 [count noun] archaic A person or thing resembling someone or something else.
- Everyone agrees that he is a similitude of his father.
- But might we not know a given thing through its similitude, without having first perceived it, if another being should reveal to us that this was its similitude?