1The quality or state of being similar to something: Conrad uses a range of constructions which express or imply similitude [count noun]: there is a striking similitude between the brother and sister
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- From a sociological point of view, it is therefore an expression of similitude of being, but also agency (the means to act) within a social technology.
- See Foucault on resemblance and similitude.
- Richard Eyre summed it up well recently: cinema and television are mediums of similitude, and radio and the stage mediums of metaphor.
resemblance, similarity, likeness, sameness, similar nature, comparability, correspondence, comparison, analogy, parallel, parallelism, equivalence;
interchangeability, closeness, nearness, affinity, homogeneity, agreement, indistinguishability, uniformity;
1.1 [count noun] archaic A comparison between two things.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He further suggests that there are two types of parables: narrative parables (comparisons with narration) and similitudes (comparisons with ‘is like’ or ‘is as if’).
- As a step towards addressing these questions I would like to draw attention to another set of similitudes operative in ‘Loves Progress’: the monetary tropes linking value to love or desire.
- Though full of similitudes and routine panegyrics, the book is valuable for its lack of originality and reflection of current views.
1.2 [count noun] archaic A person or thing resembling someone or something else.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Everyone agrees that he is a similitude of his father.
- But might we not know a given thing through its similitude, without having first perceived it, if another being should reveal to us that this was its similitude?
Palabras que riman con similitudeverisimilitude
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: si¦mili|tude
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda