- Completely genuine, authentic, or honest: they were not so simon-pure as the image they presented to the publicMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He is presented as a simon-pure free trader whose ‘scrupulousness continued to the end.’
- Or are people like that simply not simon-pure enough for him to want them in his antiwar movement?
- They've made a lot of noise, told each other how radically simon-pure they are, and accomplished nothing.
late 18th century: from (the real) Simon Pure, a character in Centlivre's Bold Stroke for a Wife (1717), who for part of the play is impersonated by another character.
Más definiciones de simon-pureDefinición de simon-pure en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.