- 1The quality or condition of being easy to understand or do: for the sake of simplicity, this chapter will concentrate upon one theoryMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Surely, the other argument is that due to their simplicity, blogs are easier to customise and fit in with complex designs.
- Their high energy and simplicity make them easy to absorb and enjoy, but also bring them to the brink of monotony.
- The joy of opposition is its simplicity; Ukrainians understood what we opposed and stood side by side with us.
- 2The quality or condition of being plain or uncomplicated in form or design: the grandeur and simplicity of Roman architectureMás ejemplos en oraciones
plainness, lack/absence of adornment, lack/absence of decoration, lack/absence of ornament/ornamentation, lack/absence of embellishment, unpretentiousness; starkness, austereness, austerity, spareness, severity; classic lines, clean lines, lack/absence of clutter, restraint, purityunpretentiousness, ordinariness, lack of sophistication, lack of affectation, naturalness, modesty, homeliness, wholesomeness, quietness; innocence, guilelessness, naivety, ingenuousness
- We've tried to keep to some of the basic color scheme and, I hope, the relative simplicity of the design.
- The final design emphasizes its simplicity, heavily relying on upstage lighting technique and set movement.
- The current design stresses speed and simplicity but it's become very cluttered over the years.
- 2.1 [count noun] A thing that is plain or uncomplicated: the simplicities of pastoral livingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- All of which makes one nostalgic for the simplicities of the Second World War, when war correspondents on both sides were expected to be unquestioning patriots.
- He has had a four-decade-long artistic career that spans a seismic shift in the character of New Zealand society: the shift from monolithic simplicities to multicultural complexity.
- The responses of some are unsettling and go far beyond the simplicities of political satire.
be simplicity itself
- Be extremely easy: putting data into a spreadsheet is simplicity itselfMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This superb recipe is simplicity itself but it is easier if you know that eight anchovy fillets constitute a 50g tin.
- He scored three goals, all of which were simplicity itself, to take his tally for the season to nine and his presence will make his side a real force in the Conference this season.
- Their goal came in the 43rd minute and it was simplicity itself.
late Middle English: from Old French simplicite or Latin simplicitas, from simplex (see simplex).