Definición de sinfonia en inglés:
1.1(In baroque music) an orchestral piece used as an introduction to an opera, cantata, or suite.
- That Zelenka was sent to study in Italy is reflected in the Italian elements of the introduction, an orchestral sinfonia, which leads into the adagio for solo oboe.
- It was not unusual for a Baroque composer - such as his father - to adapt a sinfonia from a cantata into a concerto movement, or to take a secular aria and insert it, with a new text, into a sacred work.
- Such composers as Sammartini began to write sinfonias for strings, which marked a departure from Baroque instrumental forms and served as models for J. C. Bach and others.
1.2A small symphony orchestra: [as name]: the City of London Sinfonia
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- For full details of the sinfonia society concerts contact the office.
- It must be tough to top year on year but this time around the sinfonia society's Christmas Charity Concert hit a new high altogether.
- At this time of the year there is a buzz in the air, as those who orbit in sinfonia circles ponder on what new heights the standards of musicianship in the concert series will reach.
Definición de sinfonia en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary