- A colonial marine coelenterate of the order Siphonophora, such as a Portuguese man-of-war.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Chondrophorines were once classified with another unusual group of hydrozoans, the siphonophores.
- Evolutionary developmental innovations important for colonial integration have evolved independently in many colonial hydrozoans, and are displayed both in Hydractinia and in more advanced forms of siphonophores.
- The siphonophores have achieved a degree of integration such that they are often regarded as solitary organisms in spite of their colonial organization.
Más definiciones de siphonophoreDefinición de siphonophore en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.