- A small piece of bread or toast, used to dip into soup or sauce or as a garnish.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Serve with sippets of toast or plain rusks.
- Season with salt and as much verjuice as will only turn the taste of the pottage; serve up covering meat with whole herbs and adorning the dish with sippets.
- I believe, Dr Maturin, that if you would so far indulge me, I could relish a little, a very little, of your portable soup again, with just a sippet of toast.
mid 16th century: apparently a diminutive of sop.
Más definiciones de sippetDefinición de sippet en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.