sustantivo (plural siroccos)
- A hot wind, often dusty or rainy, blowing from North Africa across the Mediterranean to southern Europe.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The warm sirocco wind blowing up from the Sahara can make diving conditions rough off southern coasts in spring and summer.
- The sirocco of North Africa can afflict the vineyards of southern Europe, occasionally reaching France.
- The warm sirocco that blows off the Sahara often makes the sea rough along southern shores, and all diving is then done on the north shore.
early 17th century: via French from Italian scirocco, based on Spanish Arabic šalūq 'east wind'.
Más definiciones de siroccoDefinición de sirocco en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.