- 1A person who sits, especially for a portrait or examination: she always hopes to imbue a portrait with the sitter’s character sitters in an examination roomMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Rembrandt's portraits of individual sitters are similarly energetic, emphasizing faces, hands, and dynamic silhouettes at the expense of costumes and settings.
- Later in her career she also did numerous portrait busts of distinguished sitters.
- In the portraits, sitters appear shorn of pretense and disguise.
- 2 [usually in combination] A person who looks after children, pets, or a house while the parents or owners are away: a house-sitterMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Response to the business, both from pet owners and dog sitters, was so good that she was encouraged to start offering franchises in October 2002.
- The company specializes in helping pet sitters and pet owners connect to each other.
- We'll be gone for 10 days, and our two sons, ages 13 and 15, are begging us not to move a grown-up into the house as a sitter.
- 3British • informal (In sport) an easy catch or shot: he scored some great goals but missed some sittersMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Chelsea missed no end of sitters, but still run out easy winners.
- They could have had more, but their centre forward missed a sitter from two yards out.
- A Kiev striker has just missed a sitter against Juventus.
Más definiciones de sitterDefinición de sitter en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.