- (Of an animal) having irregular patches of white and another colour (properly not black). Compare with piebald.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She slipped through the gate back into the village and soon found her skewbald horse.
- Bee was a skewbald Arab with long slender legs and a beautiful face.
- He was a handsome 10-year-old skewbald native cross called Gaffer.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- A skewbald animal, especially a horse.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Piebalds, skewbalds and plain foxy ponies were fetching from 1,000 upwards and donkeys were also in demand, with good class mares reported to be also making 1,000 and more.
mid 17th century: from obsolete skewed 'skewbald' (of uncertain origin), on the pattern of piebald.
Más definiciones de skewbaldDefinición de skewbald en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.