Definición de skewer en inglés:
- Peppers and tomatoes can be barbecued on the skewers between meat pieces.
- It melts well, and is sometimes grilled on skewers with pieces of vegetable.
- Metal skewers should be used for kebabs as wood can catch light, another benefit of metal is that it aids cooking.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- Kris snorted quite audibly, then skewered the meat on a stick.
- She passed him a stick on which bite-sized chunks of meat had been skewered.
- Wiley found a couple of long thin sticks to skewer the fish.
- It certainly didn't deserve the critical skewering it received, nor should it have failed as miserably as it did, but it's hardly a film to get excited about.
- The game was absolutely skewered by the critics, although curiously it's hard to find exactly what was thought to be objectionable.
- The critics have skewered him, his wife is divorcing him, and the studio wants to fire him.
late Middle English: of unknown origin.
shiver from (Middle English):
The Middle English spelling of this word was chivere, which is perhaps an alteration of dialect chavele ‘to chatter’, from Old English ceafl ‘jaw’, from the teeth chattering due to the cold. The sense meaning ‘to break’ or ‘small piece’ is from a Germanic root with the base idea of ‘slit, splinter. Skewer (late 17th century) may be related.
Definición de skewer en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.