Definición de skid row en inglés:
sustantivoinformal , chiefly North American
1A run-down part of a town frequented by vagrants and alcoholics.
- Here the Boulevard was a skid row of motels, shabby apartments, sad souvenir stands, pornography stores, and pawn shops.
- Their skid row operates 24 hours; its cycles are tied to county checks and busy shelter kitchens.
- On a Washington skid row, eyeless bums peddle the newest nose candy.
1.1A desperately unfortunate or difficult situation: with no money to spend, the club are on skid row
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Fantastic news but obviously buries the fact that her solo career had completely died and she was now on skid row as far as her career was concerned.
- Anyway, a few sex shops are left on skid row and one of them, The Exclusive Shop, has a video theatre upstairs.
- Who wants to hit rock bottom, derelict, skid row, with no friend or family or home?
1930s: alteration of skid road.
Definición de skid row en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia