- 1Having or showing the knowledge, ability, or training to perform a certain activity or task well: a lab technician skilled in electronics skilled draughtsmenMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He was already highly skilled in the martial arts, having obtained a black belt in karate.
- And Kerry's people are obviously less skilled in the art of spin.
- There can be no doubt that masons in Medieval England were highly skilled craftsmen.
- 1.1Based on or proceeding from the ability to do something well: skilled legal adviceMás ejemplos en oraciones
experienced, trained, qualified, professional, proficient, practised, seasoned, accomplished, expert, skilful, master, talented, gifted, adept, adroit, deft, dexterous, able, good, competent, capable, efficient, well versed, versed, smart, clever• informal crackNorth American • informal crackerjack
- Care must be tailored to the individual and delivered by a team with sufficient expertise to provide the skilled support that women need.
- There is a demand from the end user community for highly skilled, high value advice on how to build and manage heterogeneous storage systems.
- Thanks also to Lory Frankel and Fronia Simpson for their skilled editorial advice.
- 1.2(Of work) requiring special abilities or training: a highly skilled jobMás ejemplos en oraciones
- In all of this, the training needed for skilled work is devalued.
- Volunteers will not be able to undertake certain jobs such as gardening, decorating, domestic work or skilled work such as plumbing.
- Gowda says the drawback in these training sessions is that they are not taught skilled work that is utilitarian.