Definición de skullcap en inglés:
1A small close-fitting peakless cap.
- They wore close-fitting crocheted skullcaps that were noticed by others.
- On their heads, they wore white knitted skullcaps, silken headscarves or baseball caps.
- Men in white shoulder-to-ankle gowns and skullcaps were selling their furniture, appliances, and clothing to feed their families.
1.1A protective helmet, in particular one worn by jockeys or horse riders.
- The group applied to the foundation for cash to buy special leg protectors, stirrups, skullcaps and riding gloves.
- You can imagine my disappointment when I was issued with my flying suit, a dowdy navy blue number complete with fetching leather skullcap.
- Next came the helmet, made of bronze with a iron skullcap.
2The top part of the skull.
- In 1887, Eugene Dubois discovered a skullcap, a femur (thigh bone), and a molar in the same area.
- In contrast to the exhumation chronicles, which claimed wooden skullcaps covered the sawn-off crowns, their skulls are intact.
- In 1973, a hominid skullcap and two stone tools were found.
3A widely distributed plant of the mint family, whose tubular flowers have a helmet-shaped cup at the base.
- Genus Scutellaria, family Labiatae
- Other sleep promoting herbs include valerian, Californian poppy, skullcap, hops and passionflower.
- Herbal supplements that can be toxic to the liver include kava, comfrey, chaparral, jin bu huan, kombucha tea, pennyroyal and skullcap.
- Chamomile, oatstraw, and skullcap are examples.
Definición de skullcap en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary