Definición de skunk en inglés:
1A cat-sized American mammal of the weasel family, with distinctive black-and-white striped fur. When threatened it squirts a fine spray of foul-smelling irritant liquid from its anal glands towards its attacker.
- Mephitis and other genera, family Mustelidae: several species, in particular the striped skunk (M. mephitis)
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The weasel family includes such colourful characters as otters, wolverines, skunks, minks and badgers.
- All kinds of critters like to dine on poultry, including raccoons, skunks, opossums, weasels, foxes, coyotes, dogs and feral cats.
- The spray from a skunk will not cause permanent blindness.
2 informal short for skunkweed.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- They introduced a new kind of cannabis class A skunk.
- After their arrest eight days later, they said they had taken cocaine, cannabis skunk and alcohol before the robbery.
- I smoke high quality hybrid cannabis like skunk, northern lights and purple haze.
verbo[with object] North American informal Volver al principio
1Defeat (someone) overwhelmingly in a game or contest, especially by preventing them from scoring at all: I knew he was a good fisherman, but I didn’t expect him to skunk you
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- After that, we went to play a round of pool so that I could redeem myself, and we both thought for a bit that I was going to skunk him.
- Been skunked a few times this year, even though you used your favorite rod, went to your super-secret spot and wore your lucky underwear?
- If weather skunked our 14-day road trip, we would at least hit the most spectacular ski area in Canada.
mid 17th century: from Abnaki segankw; variants occur in many other American Indian dialects.
Definición de skunk en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán