Definición de skunk en inglés:
1A cat-sized American mammal of the weasel family, with distinctive black-and-white striped fur. When threatened it squirts a fine spray of foul-smelling irritant liquid from its anal glands towards its attacker.
- Mephitis and other genera, family Mustelidae: several species, in particular the striped skunk (M. mephitis)
- The weasel family includes such colourful characters as otters, wolverines, skunks, minks and badgers.
- All kinds of critters like to dine on poultry, including raccoons, skunks, opossums, weasels, foxes, coyotes, dogs and feral cats.
- The spray from a skunk will not cause permanent blindness.
2 informal short for skunkweed.
- They introduced a new kind of cannabis class A skunk.
- After their arrest eight days later, they said they had taken cocaine, cannabis skunk and alcohol before the robbery.
- I smoke high quality hybrid cannabis like skunk, northern lights and purple haze.
verbo[with object] North American informal Volver al principio
1Defeat (someone) overwhelmingly in a game or contest, especially by preventing them from scoring at all: I knew he was a good fisherman, but I didn’t expect him to skunk you
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- After that, we went to play a round of pool so that I could redeem myself, and we both thought for a bit that I was going to skunk him.
- Been skunked a few times this year, even though you used your favorite rod, went to your super-secret spot and wore your lucky underwear?
- If weather skunked our 14-day road trip, we would at least hit the most spectacular ski area in Canada.
mid 17th century: from Abnaki segankw; variants occur in many other American Indian dialects.
Definición de skunk en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan