Definición de skunk cabbage en inglés:
A North American plant of the arum family, the flower of which has a distinctive unpleasant smell.
- Two species in the family Araceae: the western Lysichiton americanum, with a stalked yellow flower, and the eastern Symplocarpus foetidus, with a greenish purple flower
- Fly-pollinated plants, like the skunk cabbage of North America or the stinking corpse lily of Madagascar, typically have quite pungent odors.
- The earliest - and arguably the most resourceful - of the spring flowers is the skunk cabbage, ubiquitous in the wet places of North America and Eurasia.
- It's a South American species, Xanthosoma robustum, that's related to the dead-horse arum, philodendron, and skunk cabbage.
Definición de skunk cabbage en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary