- 1A shot in which a player thrusts the ball down through the basket: they won on a slam dunk with two seconds remaining [as modifier]: a slam-dunk competitionMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Erving was introduced as ‘the man who's turned the slam dunk into an art and thrilled ABA fans with moves beyond recognition.’
- Once upon a time, players entered the slam dunk contest because it gave them a shot at endorsements and a nice extra paycheck.
- You can have mad skill, killer hops and handle, or the monster slam dunk.
- 1.1 [usually as modifier] North American • informal Something reliable or unfailing; a foregone conclusion or certainty: the film season’s one slam-dunk hitMás ejemplos en oraciones
- When they started to play, they were a slam-dunk hit.
- It's a slam-dunk violation of the 1st Amendment and freedom of the press.
- A Pittsburgh native, Neish welcomed the slam-dunk introduction to Philly's dance culture.
verboVolver al principio
- 1 (slam-dunk) [with object] Basketball Thrust (the ball) down through the basket: I do know that when they slam-dunk the ball we celebrate [no object]: he could slam-dunk like a bandit!Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Without even breaking a sweat, she slam-dunked the ball.
- It shows Michael with a soccer ball in his right hand, almost like he's read to slam-dunk it.
- Jim watches as she slam-dunks the fifth bag of tea into the pot.
- 1.1North American • informal Defeat or dismiss decisively: they continue to slam-dunk every proposal we makeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘I don't think you can ideologically slam-dunk Social Security in the Congress,’ said Panetta.
- In CA's case, voters will likely slam-dunk an Initiative directing $3 BILLION of State moolah to such research.
- Bolt and Devine avoid it completely by slam-dunking anyone who raises such matters with accusations of bad faith.
Más definiciones de slam dunkDefinición de slam dunk en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.