Definición de slater en inglés:
1A person who slates roofs for a living.
- Tony stared off in the building trade and quickly settled into work as a roof slater.
- There Naismith worked, as best he could given his poor health, as a plasterer and slater.
- Sangster, a retired slater, added: ‘The girl at the stonemason's yard was a bit taken aback when I told her the stone was for me.’
2A woodlouse or similar isopod crustacean.
- Several species in the order Isopoda. See also sea slater
- A few Crustacea (slaters or sow bugs) even live on land, usually under old logs and leaf litter.
- I could also see large marine isopods, looking like giant marine slaters, and some flower-like sea lilies (crinoids, a group of echinoderms related to starfishes).
- Visitors have viewed many types of spiders, beetles and slaters under bright lights and microscopes.
Words that rhyme with slatercater, crater, creator, curator, data, debater, delator, dumbwaiter, equator, fascinator, freighter, frustrater, gaiter, grater, gyrator, hater, later, legator, mater, negator, pater, peseta, plater, rotator, skater, stater, tater, traitor, ultimata, understater, upstater, waiter
Definición de slater en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan