Definición de sleeve en inglés:
1The part of a garment that wholly or partly covers a person’s arm: a shirt with the sleeves rolled up
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Cut the garment neckline, sleeves and lower edge to the desired finished length.
- And the flared sleeve dress shirt and strapless dress combo is just unusual enough to be interesting but not weird.
- Today, he wore black slacks and a very light blue dress shirt, sleeves rolled up past his elbows.
2A protective paper or cardboard cover for a record, CD, or DVD: an album sleeve
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- But she doesn't regret turning down the offer to design the album sleeve.
- This state of flux in the music industry means that graduating and going into record sleeve design is probably going to be difficult.
- Our CDs are packaged using the exact artwork of the original album in our custom LP style cardboard sleeves.
2.1A protective or connecting tube fitting over or enclosing a rod, spindle, or smaller tube.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The width adjusts hydraulically, and cylinders and return sleeves are protected by steel oversleeves.
- Paperboard cartons and sleeves are used to enclose plastic tubs.
- The carrier is a sleeve that encloses bearings and seals intended to prevent water from entering the sterndrive housing at the drive shaft.
up one's sleeve
- (Of a strategy, idea, or resource) kept secret and in reserve for use when needed: he was new to the game but had a few tricks up his sleeveMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He said he has a secret sound effect up his sleeve to accompany a flash of lightning but the audience will have to wait and see how this is accomplished.
- Annie puts her success down to eating wholesome, home-cooked food, while Dorothy has another secret up her sleeve.
- I'll bet you're sitting there with a thousand ideas up your sleeve.
wear one's heart on one's sleeve
- see heart.
- [often in combination]: a cap-sleeved shirtMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The collections of some of the designers taking part in the show continued to lend prominence to bare-shoulder chiffon blouses, bat-like sleeved blouses and asymmetric chiffon gowns.
- Well let me tell you that what you'll find are grey plastic moccasins, elasticated waists and short - sleeved shirts with more static cling than a workbenchful of vices.
- Not that a leather jacket, PVC trousers, a torn cap, sleeved T-shirt and pointy boots would have gone down any better.
Old English slēfe, slīef(e), slȳf; related to Middle Dutch sloove 'covering'.
Palabras que riman con sleeveachieve, believe, breve, cleave, conceive, deceive, eve, greave, grieve, heave, interleave, interweave, khedive, leave, misconceive, naive, Neve, peeve, perceive, reave, receive, reive, relieve, reprieve, retrieve, sheave, steeve, Steve, Tananarive, Tel Aviv, thieve, underachieve, upheave, weave, we've, Yves
Definición de sleeve en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda