- 1The part of a garment that wholly or partly covers a person’s arm: a shirt with the sleeves rolled upMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Cut the garment neckline, sleeves and lower edge to the desired finished length.
- And the flared sleeve dress shirt and strapless dress combo is just unusual enough to be interesting but not weird.
- Today, he wore black slacks and a very light blue dress shirt, sleeves rolled up past his elbows.
- 2A protective paper or cardboard cover for a record, CD, or DVD: an album sleeveMás ejemplos en oraciones
- But she doesn't regret turning down the offer to design the album sleeve.
- This state of flux in the music industry means that graduating and going into record sleeve design is probably going to be difficult.
- Our CDs are packaged using the exact artwork of the original album in our custom LP style cardboard sleeves.
- 2.1A protective or connecting tube fitting over or enclosing a rod, spindle, or smaller tube.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The width adjusts hydraulically, and cylinders and return sleeves are protected by steel oversleeves.
- Paperboard cartons and sleeves are used to enclose plastic tubs.
- The carrier is a sleeve that encloses bearings and seals intended to prevent water from entering the sterndrive housing at the drive shaft.
- 3A windsock.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- At higher wind speed (approx. 30 km/hour, the sleeve inflates and indicates visually wind direction and speed.
- At night, the wind direction indicator is illuminated with an array of overhead lights to highlight the wind sleeve.
- 3.1A drogue towed by an aircraft.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- An unusual role was as a target tug trailing a sleeve drogue for air-to-air firing practice.
- If a 'sleeve' was shot away or otherwise became detached, its recovery was worth a mad scramble.
up one's sleeve
- (Of a strategy, idea, or resource) kept secret and in reserve for use when needed: he was new to the game but had a few tricks up his sleeveMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He said he has a secret sound effect up his sleeve to accompany a flash of lightning but the audience will have to wait and see how this is accomplished.
- Annie puts her success down to eating wholesome, home-cooked food, while Dorothy has another secret up her sleeve.
- I'll bet you're sitting there with a thousand ideas up your sleeve.
wear one's heart on one's sleeve
- see heart.
- [often in combination]: a cap-sleeved shirtMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The collections of some of the designers taking part in the show continued to lend prominence to bare-shoulder chiffon blouses, bat-like sleeved blouses and asymmetric chiffon gowns.
- Well let me tell you that what you'll find are grey plastic moccasins, elasticated waists and short - sleeved shirts with more static cling than a workbenchful of vices.
- Not that a leather jacket, PVC trousers, a torn cap, sleeved T-shirt and pointy boots would have gone down any better.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Brian was looking exceptionally sexy with his new short hairdo and a sleeveless black t-shirt and weird acid wash jeans.
- He wore black, faded jeans, old army-style boots, a white T-shirt and black sleeveless jacket.
- You know it's hot when all seven members of the team are wearing white tops: four sleeveless, two short sleeved.
Old English slēfe, slīef(e), slȳf; related to Middle Dutch sloove 'covering'.
Más definiciones de sleeveDefinición de sleeve en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.