- 1chiefly North American A handheld catapult.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- They offer youth, adult and competitive air rifles, air pistols, accessories, slingshots and Winchester air rifles.
- The handful of remaining officers were vastly outnumbered by fighters wielding machetes, swords, slingshots, bows and arrows.
- Around lay many weapons, everything from slingshots to swords.
- 1.1A shot from a handheld catapult: you’ll get whizzed out the window like a slingshotMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A near-capacity 8,500 supporters gathered to see David aim his slingshots at Goliath.
- The complex would offer visitors the chance to slide down the Tower of Babel before climbing aboard Noah's Ark, parting the Red Sea and felling Goliath with a laser-guided slingshot.
- And every time, as the Romans fell back on the column, the Jews returned to resume the barrage of javelins and slingshot.
- 2 [mass noun, often as modifier] The effect of the gravitational pull of a celestial object in accelerating and changing the course of another object or a spacecraft: stars passing near a black hole might be ejected by a gravitational slingshot effectMás ejemplos en oraciones
- They are only one unpredictable gravitational slingshot away from a collision course.
- It uses a combination of Lorentz Force turning and gravitational slingshot (if feasible) to alter its trajectory so that it passes by a number of stars in succession, finally returning to Earth to begin the cycle again.
- Another study, made early in 2003, suggested that a close encounter between the second and third star, acting as a kind of gravitational slingshot, had hurled the third star out of the system.
verbo (slingshots, slingshotting; past and past participle slingshot or slingshotted)Volver al principio
- Forcefully accelerate through the effect of gravity: [no object]: the car would hit the first dip, then slingshot off the second riseMás ejemplos en oraciones
- If they could launch a manned rocket that simply slingshotted around the moon and back, they could claim that at least in some pathetic way that they beat the Americans.
- On the final turn of the race, JJ took the high-line and slingshotted out of Turn 4.
- If we extend the path of travel by about five thousand kilometers and continue on double light, not triple, the gravity will help slingshot us around.
Más definiciones de slingshotDefinición de slingshot en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.