Definición de slipper en inglés:
1A comfortable slip-on shoe that is worn indoors.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Another must for lounging, especially if you live in a cooler climate, is a comfortable pair of slippers.
- If you know your dad loves lounging around the house, a pair of comfortable slippers are key.
- I was only in my morning gown - no cloak - and on my indoors slippers.
1.1A light slip-on shoe, especially one used for dancing.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- On her feet would be the black dancing slippers.
- Penelope stamped down on his foot, which probably hurt her more, since she was wearing dancing slippers.
- She carefully pulled on the blush pink silk dress, and placed the soft, same shade dancing slippers on her feet.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
Beat (someone) with a slipper: he didn’t slipper me hard
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- One bulky geography master, built like a wrestler, spent most of a term slippering lads and talking about volcanoes.
- I turned up on Friday, and the French teacher decided he was going to consult with senior staff rather than slipper me.
- The parent website ‘is about corporal punishment, including caning, birching, strapping, paddling, slippering, spanking, etc.’
- slippered feetMás ejemplos en oraciones
- We listened to the sound of the snow; a soft, shuffling sound that like slippered footsteps on the roof of the car.
- I cringed and slowly backed away, the small silver bell in my right hand as I ran back toward the house, my leather slippered feet hitting the sand below me.
- Glancing fearfully at her feverish husband lying on the simple bed, Larinda stood to her dainty slippered feet and padded into the narrow hallway.
Palabras que riman con slipperAgrippa, chipper, clipper, dipper, equipper, flipper, gripper, hipper, kipper, nipper, Pippa, ripper, shipper, sipper, skipper, stripper, tipper, tripper, whipper, zipper
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda