- (Of a muscle fibre) contracting slowly, providing endurance rather than strength: people with more slow-twitch fibres have more sustained aerobic capacityMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Mechanical efficiency depends upon the extent to which the swimmer can recruit slow-twitch muscle fibres, which are more efficient at converting chemical energy into muscle contraction than are fast-twitch fibres.
- Athletes know that building slow-twitch muscle comes from endurance training and regular exercise.
- In these cases, the myosin in the FT fibres became more like that in the slow-twitch fibres.
Más definiciones de slow-twitchDefinición de slow-twitch en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.