Definición de smectic en inglés:
Denoting or involving a state of a liquid crystal in which the molecules are oriented in parallel and arranged in well-defined planes. Compare with nematic.
- Our results suggest that of the multiple structures which different monolayers form when supercompressed, pulmonary surfactant collapses by the same mechanism as other compounds that form smectic liquid-crystal bulk phases.
- Molecules in the smectic phase have orientational as well as a small amount of positional order.
- Hydrated phospholipids themselves are liquid-crystals, and in these multiple respects, their behavior resembles that of at least some other compounds that form smectic bulk phases.
sustantivoVolver al principio
A smectic substance.
- There also exists higher order smectics which form layers with positional ordering within the layers.
- We outline the possible experimental significance of our findings for the rheology of both aligned and polydomain smectics.
- We find that the quantum smectics are rather different from the usual classical smectics in that the density correlations along the direction of the stripes manifest a Bragg-Glass type behaviour whereas those in the transverse direction are infra-red divergent.
Definición de smectic en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan