- A sebaceous secretion in the folds of the skin, especially under a man’s foreskin.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- One consequence of the germ theory of disease was to see smegma, produced by the foreskin, as infectious material.
- When the foreskin is removed during circumcision, smegma no longer accumulates between the foreskin and glans, and smegma's immunoprotective properties are lost.
- For example, it would be interesting to determine if smegma, a glandular discharge that collects under the foreskin and lubricates the glans, has spermicidal properties.
early 19th century: via Latin from Greek smēgma 'soap', from smēkhein 'cleanse'.
Más definiciones de smegmaDefinición de smegma en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.