Definición de smooth talk en inglés:
Charming or flattering language, especially when used to persuade someone to do something.
- His name was Val, he had a wife somewhere, and he thought he was irresistible to the ladies, with his stylish toupee, his swagger, his smooth talk in both French and English, and his shiny new cars.
- Despite Bush's smooth talk in New York yesterday, his position remains that America does not need a ‘permission slip’ from anybody to do anything.
- I knew how close Andy and Vicki were, and I knew that Andy was the one that had been warning her against my smooth talk.
verbo(smooth-talk) [with object] informal Volver al principio
Use charming or flattering language to persuade (someone) to do something: don’t try to smooth-talk me
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The momentum is maintained throughout, with 007 pitted against yet more villains intent on world domination, armed with his usual array of glib one-liners, smooth-talking charm and life-saving gadgets.
- An 82-year-old widow who lost more than £14,000 when a smooth-talking con man convinced her she had won a huge windfall on the Canadian lottery warned other people not to be taken in.
- This time around it's Jude Law who shows us the sexy as a smooth-talking philanderer in a modern day version of the classic.
- Example sentences
- Neither a Texan nor a lifelong Bushie, he earned his stripes during the Florida election mess by becoming the campaign's tropical smooth-talker.
- He's a smooth talker and tells them what they want to hear.
- He's a smooth talker, a real con man. He knows exactly how to play the cards.
Definición de smooth talk en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan