Charming or flattering language, especially when used to persuade someone to do something.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- His name was Val, he had a wife somewhere, and he thought he was irresistible to the ladies, with his stylish toupee, his swagger, his smooth talk in both French and English, and his shiny new cars.
- Despite Bush's smooth talk in New York yesterday, his position remains that America does not need a ‘permission slip’ from anybody to do anything.
- I knew how close Andy and Vicki were, and I knew that Andy was the one that had been warning her against my smooth talk.
verbo(smooth-talk) [with object] informal
Use charming or flattering language to persuade (someone) to do something: don’t try to smooth-talk me
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The momentum is maintained throughout, with 007 pitted against yet more villains intent on world domination, armed with his usual array of glib one-liners, smooth-talking charm and life-saving gadgets.
- An 82-year-old widow who lost more than £14,000 when a smooth-talking con man convinced her she had won a huge windfall on the Canadian lottery warned other people not to be taken in.
- This time around it's Jude Law who shows us the sexy as a smooth-talking philanderer in a modern day version of the classic.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Neither a Texan nor a lifelong Bushie, he earned his stripes during the Florida election mess by becoming the campaign's tropical smooth-talker.
- He's a smooth talker and tells them what they want to hear.
- He's a smooth talker, a real con man. He knows exactly how to play the cards.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: smooth talk
Definición de smooth talk en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda