Definición de snaffle en inglés:
1 (also snaffle bit) (On a bridle) a simple bit, typically a jointed one, used with a single set of reins.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- To learn the two track maneuver, use a martingale or a snaffle bit with draw reins to encourage the horse to flex through the poll and keep his head still.
- If she got a little strung out, or she leaned a little on the snaffle bit, I simply applied a half-halt as if I was aboard a hunter or dressage horse and I had my perfect little jog.
- Only after the horse and human have progressed beyond the teaching phase the snaffle bit is introduced.
1.1 (also snaffle bridle) A bridle with a snaffle bit.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The horse should be fitted with a snaffle bridle, cavesson, roller or saddle, side reins and protection on all four legs, either boots or securely fitted bandages.
- These horsemen rode with short stirrups, in snaffle bridles with a loose rein, in an uncollected, free forward manner that was the exact opposite of the extreme collection of the Continental riding school, with its emphasis on curb bits.
- Notice the preponderance of single-rein snaffle bridles.
verbo[with object] British informal Volver al principio
Take (something) for oneself, typically quickly or without permission: shall we snaffle some of Bernard’s sherry?
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If anyone has forgotten to pack their white shirt - a not uncommon occurrence, one member of the orchestra says - they have quickly snaffled a replacement.
- More than half the tickets were quickly snaffled by Lions supporters.
- But what about Jeremy Paxman's book, Friends in High Places, that showed the best jobs are snaffled by those from public schools and elite universities?
informal walk off/away with, run away/off with, swipe, nab, rip off, lift, ‘liberate’, ‘borrow’, filch, snitch
Australian informal snavel
West Indian informal tief
archaic crib, hook
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán