- 1A freshwater fish with a broad, heavily scaled head and a long cylindrical body, native to tropical Africa and Asia.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Family Channidae: several genera and species
- Besides figuring out a way to eliminate the snakeheads from the Crofton pond, the group is likely to recommend searching for snakeheads in other freshwater bodies.
- The snakehead is native to the Yangtze River region of China and is capable of wiping out all the species of one pond and moving on its belly and fins to the next pond.
- The aquarium industry is already recognized as a source of freshwater invasive species such as the snakehead.
- 2A member of a Chinese criminal network chiefly engaged in smuggling illegal immigrants to the West.[translation of Chinese shétóu]Más ejemplos en oraciones
- A police spokesman said targeting snakeheads is key to obstructing illegal immigration.
- Recently, snakeheads have not used large fishing vessels as a means of transporting their cargo, favoring instead small containers that can hold less than 10 people.
- They're filthy, they rarely, if ever, have any lifesaving equipment, no life vests, they frequently run out of water and food and migrants are abused by the snakeheads acting as enforcers on these boats.
Más definiciones de snakeheadDefinición de snakehead en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.