- A sea anemone of cool seas, with long snake-like tentacles. It has symbiotic algae living in its cells which give it a green colour.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Anemonia viridis, order Actiniaria
- Later I checked in a local marine-life book and discovered that the anemone spider crab, which normally lives in association with snakelocks anemones, is also sometimes found in club-tipped anemones.
- The wonderful snakelocks anemone, for example, resplendent in green and purple, might be overlooked by divers because it lives among seaweed in shallow water.
- Snakelocks Anemones, Anemonia viridis, are found on the southern and western shores of Britain and as far south as the Mediterranean Sea. They are distinguished by long flowing tentacles and will usually be found in a bright green colour, sometimes with purple tips to the tentacles.