Definición de sneeze en inglés:
- The same pressure may cause you to leak urine when sneezing, coughing or laughing.
- Colds typically spread through infected respiratory droplets coughed or sneezed into the air.
- The flu virus is usually spread in the small droplets of saliva coughed or sneezed into the atmosphere by an infected person.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- Suddenly, more sounds of sneezes reached my ears as Angela and Sara pounded into my room, both their noses tinged slightly pink and twitching, rabbit-like.
- Just then, from the sleeping alcove, came the unmistakable sound of sneezes.
- The sound of the sneeze seemed to break everyone else out of their concentration as everyone else was staring at their direction.
Middle English: apparently an alteration of Middle English fnese due to misreading or misprinting (after initial fn- had become unfamiliar), later adopted because it sounded appropriate.
When we get a cold we should really start fneezing rather than sneezing. This is because the word comes from medieval English fnese. People were not used to seeing the fn- combination at the beginning of a word by then, and someone must have mistaken f for the long medieval s, which looked like an f without a cross bar, and written it down as sn- instead.
not to be sneezed at
- informal Not to be rejected without careful consideration; worth having or taking into account: a saving of £550 was not to be sneezed atMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I'm not prejudging the result of the investigation but £70,000 is not to be sneezed at for them.
- Fuel consumption figures for the combined cycle are a healthy 49 mpg - not to be sneezed at, especially with ever-increasing petrol prices.
- It also accounts for about 20% of industrial employment, which is not to be sneezed at given the strong presence of multinationals in the sector.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The goal is to help organizations launch great products by bringing them directly to the sneezers who can spread the word.
- Avoid close contact, especially with sneezers or coughers.
- Always begin by infecting your core audience of sneezers.
sneezy adjetivo (sneezier, sneeziest)
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Allergies make people dopey and sleepy as well as sneezy.
- I'm either having some kind of major allergy attack or coming down with an extremely sneezy cold, so in between constant sneezing and antihistamine-induced drowsiness, I'm good for very little right now.
- There are some sensible ways to get over a miserable, runny, achy-breaky, head-full-of-gunge, coughy, sneezy, won't-go-away cold, and I do not recommend this as one of them.
Palabras que riman con sneezeAchinese, Ambonese, appease, Assamese, Balinese, Belize, Beninese, Bernese, bêtise, Bhutanese, breeze, Burmese, Cantonese, Castries, cerise, cheese, chemise, Chinese, Cingalese, Cleese, Congolese, Denise, Dodecanese, ease, éminence grise, expertise, Faroese, freeze, Fries, frieze, Gabonese, Genoese, Goanese, Guyanese, he's, Japanese, Javanese, jeez, journalese, Kanarese, Keys, Lebanese, lees, legalese, Louise, Macanese, Madurese, Maltese, marquise, Milanese, Nepalese, officialese, overseas, pease, Pekinese, Peloponnese, Piedmontese, please, Portuguese, Pyrenees, reprise, Rwandese, seise, seize, Senegalese, she's, Siamese, Sienese, Sikkimese, Sinhalese, sleaze, squeeze, Stockton-on-Tees, Sudanese, Sundanese, Surinamese, Tabriz, Taiwanese, tease, Tees, telegraphese, these, Timorese, Togolese, trapeze, valise, Viennese, Vietnamese, vocalese, wheeze
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.