- 1Give a smothered or half-suppressed laugh; snigger: he could imagine them snickering as he passed she is a woman they all love to snicker atMás ejemplos en oraciones
- For a good five minutes, we laughed, snickered, giggled, and chuckled our tension away.
- And, I snickered, laughed internally, and asked some veiled questions about his movie.
- They laughed and snickered with their yellow eyes glowing in the dark.
- 1.1(Of a horse) whinny: the horse flicked its ears and snickered with pleasureMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Her snout split into an ear to ear grin and she snickered at him.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He is obsessed with what kids snickeringly refer to as ‘potty humor,’ and his movies reek of it.
- The profession that has been snickeringly compared to assorted plagues, now seems to be the target of one.
- She patiently and interestedly (if somewhat snickeringly) listens to Mark Twain's theorizing.
late 17th century: imitative.