Definición de snowbird en inglés:
1North American informal A northerner who moves to a warmer Southern state in the winter: at the peak of the tourist season the hotel hosted an additional three hundred snowbirds and backpackers
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The phrase ‘Québécois at the beach’ usually conjures up images of Quebec's snowbirds escaping winter for Florida's sunny shores.
- That would allow snowbirds and Southeastern race fans to spend three weeks in Florida, migrating from one track to the other.
- Sue all Northern Yankee States for forcing snowbirds to leave by criminal tacit encouragement of bad weather.
2A widespread and variable junco (songbird) with grey or brown upper parts and a white belly.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- On days with fresh snowfall, GC concentrations were higher in dark-eyed juncos than on days without fresh snow and fat reserves increased after these snows.
- Dominant dark-eyed juncos also obtained more food than subordinate juncos when food was clumped and the same amount of food when food was dispersed.
- Similarly, in male and female dark-eyed juncos, dominance was related to prior residency.
Definición de snowbird en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
= de moda