Definición de social climber en inglés:
A person who is anxious to gain a higher social status.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- But an unprecedented study into class mobility, revealed today by Scotland on Sunday, suggests the boom days are over for social climbers.
- The fashion and political worlds are better represented these days, and there are plenty of tourists, paparazzi and social climbers.
- Shakespeare's father, John was a social climber who spent years lobbying for a coat of arms, and a sometime loan shark, whose usury saw him dragged into court at least once, according to surviving records.
social climbing sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Yet for all the social climbing and craving for acceptance, there were times when Archer showed genuine humility.
- Was love more important than wealth or did romance take a back seat to social climbing?
- A culture of social climbing and grandiose political gestures was expressed visually in the decoration of domestic space with elaborate painted wall schemes, bronze and marble sculpture, and extravagant minor arts.
Definición de social climber en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda