- The theory of art, literature, and music officially sanctioned by the state in some Communist countries (especially in the Soviet Union under Stalin), by which artistic work was supposed to reflect and promote the ideals of a socialist society.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This tradition was suppressed during the communist period, when socialist realism became the official style.
- Both Shostakovich and Kadaré realised the danger of being denounced by the ‘defenders’ of socialist realism, or even by their own musical and literary colleagues.
- For many authors writing under the onus of Zhdanovite socialist realism, the progression from realism to didacticism to political prescription and censorship appeared swift and inevitable.
Más definiciones de socialist realismDefinición de socialist realism en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.