- A pedal on a piano that can be pressed to make the tone softer.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Are quick passages really easier to play with the soft pedal down?
- Do the greatest pianists really play with the soft pedal down almost all the time?
verboVolver al principio
- (soft-pedal) [with object] Refrain from emphasizing the more unpleasant aspects of; play down: the administration’s decision to soft-pedal the missile programMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Granted, the film probably soft-pedals the details a little in order to allow for an ending that, although not exactly happy, is not completely downbeat.
- Far from soft-pedaling his Catholicism, James II celebrated mass in public, appointed Catholics to important positions, fired officials who wouldn't convert.
- Indeed, I suspect that Pejman was soft-pedaling it for a conservative audience.
Más definiciones de soft pedalDefinición de soft pedal en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.