Definición de softball en inglés:
1A modified form of baseball played on a smaller field with a larger, softer ball, seven rather than nine innings, and underarm pitching. The game evolved in the US during the late 19th century from a form of indoor baseball.
- The network will also cover baseball, softball, volleyball, lacrosse, hockey, wrestling, spring football and select high school football games.
- The games of Little League baseball and softball are played on six continents in more than 100 countries by millions of children.
- Action continues all weekend, culminating Sunday afternoon with the completion of athletics, along with baseball, softball and soccer.
1.1 [count noun] A ball used in softball.
- We started on slow-pitch softballs, mashing them around to build our confidence.
- I thought about a lot more in that minute, too - freezing my tail off at barn-like arenas across Ontario, lobbing softballs towards home plate during practice, seeing her first goal tickle the twine on the soccer pitch.
- The wooden balls grasped by huge bronze talons are the size of softballs.
Definición de softball en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan