- A temporary stay: her sojourn in RomeMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Ms Brown informs us she was treated to a capital repast and sparkling company on the way back to London after her temporary sojourn in Harrogate.
- The row of cottages in which the master was staying during his sojourn was a tidy line of fifteen along the edge of the farms.
- Their Australian sojourn was intended to be temporary, but about half of them settled here.
verbo[no object, with adverbial of place] Volver al principio
- Stay somewhere temporarily: she had sojourned once in EgyptMás ejemplos en oraciones
- This is a comparatively extrovert third album from the talented and technically advanced young Scots harper and pianist, now sojourning in Barcelona and soaking up even more musical influences.
- The open air theatre was also the place where Sadequain sojourned for a few years in the ‘70s and painted some of his masterpieces.
- He has sojourned in Greece, India and Sri Lanka, worked more than a decade as books editor at the Calgary Herald and now teaches in the Freelance Writing Program at Mount Royal College in that city.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The serious sojourner will seek out opportunities to give his time, talent and other resources for the benefit of others.
- The travelers are best friends, mothers and children, sisters, and solo sojourners, all responding to the ‘call of the road.’
- They ceased to be temporary sojourners in the cities, expected to return to the homelands, often inferior pieces of land far away from industrial centres and jobs, where they held permanent residence.
Middle English: from Old French sojourner, based on Latin sub- 'under' + late Latin diurnum 'day'.