- Relating to or denoting plants of the nightshade family (Solanaceae).Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Tropane alkaloids of medicinal application, such as hyoscyamine and scopolamine are found in a limited number of solanaceous plants.
- To date, systemin has been described for tomato only, and not even for other solanaceous plants such as tobacco.
- In general, it is not a good practice to plant brambles immediately after solanaceous or other Verticillium-susceptible crops, such as tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, eggplant, melons, strawberries and other related crops.
early 19th century: from modern Latin Solanaceae (plural), based on Latin solanum 'nightshade' + -ous.
Más definiciones de solanaceousDefinición de solanaceous en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.