Definición de solicitor en inglés:
1British A member of the legal profession qualified to deal with conveyancing, the drawing up of wills, and other legal matters. A solicitor may also instruct barristers and represent clients in some courts. Compare with barrister, attorney.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He had the benefit of legal aid to instruct, and did instruct, solicitors and counsel to represent him at his trial.
- The case concerned a claim for damages arising from the negligence of a solicitor instructed in a conveyancing transaction.
- She had apparently instructed solicitors to deal with the matter on her behalf.
lawyer, legal representative, legal practitioner, legal executive, notary (public), advocate, attorney;
British commissioner for oaths, articled clerk, solicitor general, attorney general, Official Solicitor;
in England & WalesRecorder;
in Scotlandlaw agent
in Scotland , historical writer to the Signet
1.1North American The chief law officer of a city, town, or government department.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The president of the United States and the vice president of the United States should not be the solicitors in chief.
- Chief Operating Officer David Sanko announced that Guy Matthews, Bucks Countys first full-time county solicitor, has submitted a letter of intent to retire.
- He was chosen the first solicitor of the city, and a member of the first board of trustees of the public library.
2North American A person who tries to obtain business orders, advertising, etc.; a canvasser: she had been a telephone solicitor for a Chicago newspaper
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Telephone solicitors have no sense of privacy nor know when to call.
- And if that's not bad enough, now I've got telephone solicitors calling me for charity donations.
- I think I have found the best way to handle telephone solicitors.
Palabras que riman con solicitorelicitor
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán