Definición de solicitor general en inglés:
sustantivo (plural solicitors general)
1(In the UK) the Crown law officer below the Attorney General or (in Scotland) below the Lord Advocate.
- Jim Wallace also insisted that Lord Hardie only had a titular role in the Lockerbie case and that prosecution proper was in the capable hands of the former Solicitor General, now Lord Advocate, Colin Boyd QC.
- In 1733 he married Anne Stewart, who was the daughter of the Solicitor General for Scotland.
- The Attorney General and the Solicitor General can also be called to sit in on a cabinet meeting; these are currently Lord Goldsmith and Harriet Harman respectively.
1.1(In the US) the law officer below the Attorney General.
- In 1998, she successfully ran for Solicitor-General of DeKalb County where she has remained until the present time.
- The Solicitor General must investigate, charge, and prosecute misdemeanor violations of Georgia Statutes and County Ordinances that occur in the county.
Definición de solicitor general en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan