- Relating to or denoting a sensation (such as pressure, pain, or warmth) which can occur anywhere in the body, in contrast to one localized at a sense organ (such as sight, balance, or taste). Also called somaesthetic.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As in the olfactory system, somatosensory sensations can be induced by many foods through trigeminal nerve fibers in the tongue and oral cavity.
- The patient's painful somatosensory state eventually can become a preoccupation; the pain may even become the pivotal point of existence.
- Modern surgery is accompanied by spinal cord monitoring using somatosensory and motor-evoked potentials, thereby decreasing the rate of neurologic injury to one in 7,000 procedures.
Más definiciones de somatosensoryDefinición de somatosensory en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.