Definición de somatotype en inglés:
A category to which people are assigned according to the extent to which their bodily physique conforms to a basic type (usually endomorphic, mesomorphic, or ectomorphic): somatotypes refer to the underlying physique and are not changed by overeating or training [mass noun]: the influence of age and somatotype
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There are three widely accepted physique categories called somatotypes: endomorph, ectomorph and mesomorph.
- Likewise, knowing your somatotype won't carry you much further than ‘I struggle to gain weight,’ ‘I get fat easily,’ or ‘I can't complain.’
- Boys were matched to another of similar age, social background, temperament, and biological somatotype, then randomly assigned either to the program or to the control group.
1940s: coined by W. H. Sheldon in Varieties of Human Physique.
- Example sentences
- In other somatotyping literature we find a wide variety of use being made of Sheldon's formulations.
- Rather, he called his system body-typing, not somatotyping, and he did not use Sheldon's terms.
- He unleashed a science referred to as somatotyping which attempts to categorize people by their genetic body types.
Definición de somatotype en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan