Definición de somebody en inglés:
1Some person; someone.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Claire decided that she must have fallen asleep at the party, and somebody had taken her home.
- There are so many characters that you're bound to end up identifying with somebody.
- You are at a party, and you have been chatting to somebody who seems very nice.
2A person of importance or authority: I’d like to be somebody [as noun]: nobodies who want to become somebodies
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- We're talking about La-la-land, people, where nearly everyone's a star, if only in their own minds, and those who happen not to be somebodies always made a point of never being awed by star power.
- These people are political no-bodies who fancy themselves to be somebodies.
- In the tradition of two of America's greatest social commentators, Alexis de Tocqueville and Thorstein Veblen, Fuller points out that we are all somebodies and nobodies, that dignity is non-negotiable.
important person, VIP, personage, public figure, notable, notability, dignitary, pillar of society, pillar of the community, worthy;
someone, name, big name, famous name, household name, personality, celebrity, celebutante, leading light, star, superstar;
informal celeb, bigwig, big shot, big noise, big cheese, big gun, big fish, biggie, heavy, hotshot, megastar
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda