Definición de son en inglés:
- Throughout their relationship, they had been the main parents to four sons, all of whom had been conceived in previous marriages.
- In many cultures, the couple relationship is secondary to the relationship with parents, especially between sons and mothers.
- A lecturer who survived the tsunami disaster lost her husband, both her sons and her parents in the tragedy.
- God the Father gave His Son, Jesus Christ, to die for sinners because He loved us.
- These statements make it evident that Christ is not a Son by the grace of adoption.
- Hence it is said right now to be translated into the kingdom of His dear Son.
- ‘This is Snoop Dogg's corner,’ he says, referring to one of Long Beach's more famous native sons.
- Now, basketball officials the world over embrace the notion of their native sons playing in the NBA, given the long-term developmental benefits.
- The crowd fed off the energy their native sons were generating, with an awe-inspiring roar of approval.
- The likes of Aimé Guibert, meanwhile, come across as men genetically at one with their environment, as authentic sons of the wine soil.
- Then you'll be a man, my son, and what's more, you'll be able to sleep at night.
- Ah, now, leave well enough alone, my son, surely what you have is more than enough to go on.
- ‘Hold on a minute, son,’ he said and the engines started and ran up on to the sand.
son of a gun
- informal , chiefly North American A jocular or affectionate way of addressing or referring to someone: he’s a pretentious son of a gun, but he’s got a heart of gold[With reference to the guns carried aboard ships: the epithet is said to have been applied originally to babies born at sea to women allowed to accompany their husbands]Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As I bent to pick it up, I noticed the silvery glint of the top of a can and a bit of green label through one of the torn corners and awareness dawned: son of a gun, my Old Man had come through for me!
- I knew I'd get a laugh sooner or later from this son of a gun.
- If it takes another day, another week, a month, another five years, we are going to get this son of a gun.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- In his portrait of Jesus, Mark emphasizes both Jesus' sonship and his forsakenness.
- In the transfiguration the announcement of divine sonship is flanked by sayings of the necessity of the cross.
- His sonship is tested here as surely as in his initial testing by Satan.
An Old English word, which goes back to an Indo-European root with the idea of ‘birth’. When we call someone a son of a gun we are using a term that probably came from naval history. The gun was one of the guns carried on board ships, and the phrase is supposed to have been applied to babies born at sea to women allowed to accompany their husbands. If the father was not known, the child was described in the ship's log as a ‘son of a gun’. Sonny Jim, now a slightly disparaging address for a man or boy, was originally Sunny Jim. Jim was an energetic boy used to advertise a brand of breakfast cereal called Force in the early years of the 20th century. He was the winning entry in a competition run by the company to find a suitable character to promote the cereal. One slogan ran: ‘High o'er the fence leaps Sunny Jim / “Force” is the food that raises him.’
Palabras que riman con sonbegun, bun, done, Donne, dun, fine-spun, forerun, fun, gun, Gunn, hon, Hun, none, nun, one, one-to-one, outdone, outgun, outrun, plus-one, pun, run, shun, spun, stun, sun, ton, tonne, tun, underdone, Verdun, won
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.