- A composition for an instrumental soloist, often with a piano accompaniment, typically in several movements with one or more in sonata form.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There are movements from three sonatas by Scarlatti; sonatas by Haydn, Mozart and Beethoven, and works by Bach.
- It would have been wonderful if Serkin had recorded all thirty-two Beethoven piano sonatas when he was in his prime, but it was not to be.
- The programme for the evening comprises four of the ten sonatas Beethoven composed for piano and violin.
late 17th century: Italian, literally 'sounded' (originally as distinct from 'sung'), feminine past participle of sonare.
Más definiciones de sonataDefinición de sonata en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.