- A type of composition in three sections (exposition, development, and recapitulation) in which two themes or subjects are explored according to set key relationships. It forms the basis for much classical music, including the sonata, symphony, and concerto: a work combining orthodox sonata form and elements derived from Romanian folk musicMás ejemplos en oraciones
- These works were progressive in their tendency toward a three-movement overall structure and first movements in sonata form with substantial development sections and complete recapitulations.
- Brahms's Violin Concerto begins with a long ritornello, but for most 19th-century composers sonata form and the fantasia were more important than the ritornello principle.
- Touches are varied, legato, staccato - at times both used together in separate hands, and forms include simple sonata form, minuet, rondo, and theme and variations.
Más definiciones de sonata formDefinición de sonata form en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.