- An instrument probe that automatically transmits information about its surroundings underground, under water, in the atmosphere, etc..Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Many other radiosonde designs exist; larger countries historically designed and built their own sondes, but some countries have abandoned their national sondes and started buying from Vaisala.
- These so-called ‘electric’ logs, which are acquired via an instrument called a sonde, measure various physical properties of the subsurface rocks and formations.
- Moreover, few of the sondes are in the inner tropics, spatial coverage is spotty, and there are questions of instrumental and diurnal sampling errors that may have complicated detection of the trend in the past decade.
early 20th century: from French, literally 'sounding (line)'.
Más definiciones de sondeDefinición de sonde en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.