- A sound produced with the vocal cords so positioned that spontaneous voicing is possible; a vowel, a glide, or a liquid or nasal consonant.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- She also found a sex-linked effect with initial sonorants vs. obstruents: obstruents were hotter on males, sonorants on females, though only the female effect was significant.
- Voiced obstruents can stand only before vowels, sonorants and voiced obstruents in the same word.
- If there were minimal pairs, we would have to conclude that voiced and voiceless sonorants are separate phonemes.
Más definiciones de sonorantDefinición de sonorant en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.