Definición de soon en inglés:
- Zoe soon arrived and we headed back to Gee's where we sat outside and tried not to sound geeky.
- Go the other way and you will soon arrive on one of the fabulous southern beaches.
- I know of men who are in danger of losing their home if the money doesn't arrive soon.
- At this early stage it is too soon to say whether it has been a good or bad thing to do or what the repercussions of it all might be.
- I kept putting her off, telling her it was too soon and if we bought it too early it would go off.
- Sadly, we have also seen, all too soon, the bitter truth that lives are lost in wars.
Old English sōna 'immediately', of West Germanic origin.
In standard English the phrase no sooner is followed by than, as in we had no sooner arrived than we had to leave. This is because sooner is a comparative, and comparatives are followed by than ( earlier than; better than, and so on). It is incorrect to follow no sooner with when rather than than, as in we had no sooner arrived when we had to leave.
no sooner —— than
sooner or later
- At some future time; eventually: you’ll have to tell him sooner or laterMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Environmental changes in one area of the world eventually affect the rest sooner or later.
- And some day, sooner or later, it will have a leader who acknowledges that fact with pride.
- Marissa glared at him hoping that maybe he'd get the hint sooner or later and finally stop.
sooner rather than later
- Before much time has gone by: I would be grateful if you would come to your senses sooner rather than laterMás ejemplos en oraciones
- According to the lead story in today's Independent it's just as well I'm going sooner rather than later.
- By next spring that mood may grow a good deal more impatient to try out this promised new era of good governance sooner rather than later.
- Gilbert is cautiously optimistic that the acquisition will be earnings positive sooner rather than later.
- Example sentences
- I'm going to cut over to them soonish, and I want to share my good fortune with you (with apologies to Allan, but I'm sure he'll understand).
- Since the majority (though not by any stretch all) of my friends have either turned 30 in the last few years or are about to soonish, I figured I'd do the same.
- I guess the clocks must be going forward soonish…
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.