A person supposed to be able to foresee the future.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Do you really think that while they're arresting heretics is the best time to be having trade with fortune tellers and soothsayers?
- They recall the prophesy that a soothsayer named Calchas had once made about the future.
- Then he calls his soothsayers, but the wise men only shake their heads.
Middle English (in the sense 'person who speaks the truth'): see sooth.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Where the distinction between reliable and unreliable information is unclear, quackery, soothsaying, and magical thinking thrive.
- The relative prosperity afforded by tearoom soothsaying freed Martin to pursue art.
- An astrologer and healer born 500 years ago, he had the ear of royals, businessmen and clergy, even though the church prohibited soothsaying and the Inquisition was running hot.