- (Especially in New Mexico) a deep-fried pastry, typically square, eaten with honey or sugar or as a bread.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- If only the same could be said for the so-called sopaipillas, which turn out to be triangular, cinnamon-sugared cake doughnuts - very average ones - instead of flaky balloons of fried dough.
- But then comes a dish like the shredded-pork tamales in their red-chile cloak - or air-puffed sopaipillas that would only need slightly hotter frying oil to achieve greatness - and you know you're someplace real.
- For those in search of authentic local cuisine, the red chile is hot and the sopaipillas light and fluffy at Abuelita's New Mexican Kitchen.
Más definiciones de sopaipillaDefinición de sopaipilla en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.